The Frisco Building was originally built as a railroad depot in 1913 and was Joplin’s first modern high-rise office building. It served as a depot until 1955 and after years of gradually losing tenants, the building was completely vacant in 1987. A local developer decided to renovate the building to accomodate the low income senior citizens of Joplin.
We came on board as the general contractor in charge of all renovation construction. After a historical review many design elements were preserved including the marble staircase with its wooden and metal banisters, marble floors and the woodwork and crown moldings. The original elevator was preserved and placed in the lobby as a conversational piece.
For more history and information on the Frisco Station Apartments please visit:http://www.joplinindependent.com/display_article.php/mariwinn1068327033
Location: Joplin, MO
Owner: Carlson & Gardner, LLC
Architect: SWD Architect’s
Size: 8 story, 57 Unit Senior, Historic Renovation